Rotherham North Policing Neighbourhood
The Rotherham North neighbourhood in the South Yorkshire Police area covers the land indicated on the map to the right. For non-urgent queries, contact 101. For emergency assistance, please contact 999.
About Rotherham North
The neighbourhood team have provided the following description of their work:
Neighbourhood Policing in South Yorkshire provides communities with Teams of dedicated, local Police Officers together with Police Community Support Officers, who listen to and work with the public, community groups, partner agencies and businesses to reduce crime, protect the vulnerable and enhance community safety through problem-solving approaches.
SYP’s Neighbourhood Policing promises are to:-
• Include a number of organisations working in partnership and with the public to deliver results in a joint way;
• Protect the vulnerable through early intervention and prevention;
• Proactively understand and prevent crime and harm by working together to solve problems, identifying offenders and people at most risk of harm;
• Tackle crime and antisocial behaviour; and
• Engage and communicate effectively with communities by listening to and prioritising concerns helping us to understand the issues that matter the most.
Every neighbourhood in South Yorkshire has a dedicated Neighbourhood Policing Team (NHP) that works together with the local community to protect the vulnerable, tackle crime and antisocial behaviour, engage and communicate effectively with communities and enhance community safety through problem solving partnership approaches, days of action and enforcement.
The Rotherham North NHP is based at Rawmarsh Police Station and comprises an Inspector, 2 Sergeants, 6 Police Constables, including a Children and Young Persons’ (CYPO) Officer and 8 Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs).
The North Neighbourhood is managed by Inspector Caroline Bakewell
Telephone number : 01709 832426, please do not report crime on this number, use 101 or 999.