New Milton Policing Neighbourhood
The New Milton neighbourhood in the Hampshire Constabulary area covers the land indicated on the map to the right. For non-urgent queries, contact 101. For emergency assistance, please contact 999.
About New Milton
The neighbourhood team have provided the following description of their work:
Parish records began in 1654. In these records there is shown to be a poor house in the town in 1790 and in 1836 a National School was erected close to Old Milton Green. The most significant change came to the town when Milton Station was built in 1886 (the line opened in 1888).
The name New Milton was first used when a Post Office, opposite the train station, was named New Milton P.O instead of Lymington P.O.
In 1912 much of the area of Whitefield was preserved and used as a War Memorial Recreation ground.
It was in 1974 when New Milton became a Neighbourhood Council in the newly created New Forest District Council. In 1979, as part of the Local Government Reorganisation, New Milton Town Council was formed.
New Milton, in the latest Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD), was ranked 21,398 out of 32,482 in England, where 1 was the most deprived and 32,482 the least.